Hours: Full Time/Part-Time (shift pattern)
Remuneration: £neg per annum + Holidays and Benefits
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk. Plus travel as required
Reporting to: Family Carer Support Manager
We’re looking for passionate and caring people who are keen to be involved with the frontline support service to unpaid carers/family carers, specifically those relating to the support of unpaid carers in Norfolk, provided online and by phone.
This role will involve working directly amongst a wonderful team of other Family Carer Support Advisors and volunteers, working together to create the best possible support and pathway for other forms of support at times when a family carer needs it most.
The primary responsibilities are:
- Undertaking telephone preventative assessments, support plans and reviews with family carers (identification of family carer outcomes).
- Supporting family carers to achieve Care Act (2014) outcomes and wellbeing; triage and diagnostic support to enquiries from family carers, their families and professionals.
- Providing listening and emotional support to family carers.
- Signposting and referring to statutory, voluntary and community services where appropriate and providing information, advice and guidance to carers.
You will be required to provide:
- Relevant information and advice that is accurate, up-to-date and from trusted sources.
- Support to understand the options available and the likely outcome of different courses of action.
- Support for Carers to develop appropriate levels of self-advocacy and to advocate on behalf of their cared-for where appropriate.
- Listening / resilience building support through listening and understanding
- Signposting, providing information and support to access other local or national services where appropriate / referrals to other agencies where specialist or more intensive support is required (e.g. statutory agency or specialist information, advice, and advocacy provider).
Experience and Expertise
You may not have experience of working with and or support family carers, this is not essential for the role. What is required though, is compassion and understanding of other people and the life circumstances they face, where additional support is required.
There’ll be on going training and development so you can increase your knowledge, expertise and professional skills within this role. As we’re a growing organisation, there will be the opportunity for you to further your career, should you wish.
Confidence, passion, drive, commitment, good communication and people skills will of course be needed.
FamilyCarersNet is innovative and unique in our sector and we are constantly pushing boundaries and driving things forward. We believe everything is possible and always want to improve on the now.
Our culture is one where people are relaxed, enjoy themselves, have the opportunity to exceed and excel, are challenged, encouraged to break boundaries, identify the new and be part of a team delivering damn good work. We’re very passionate about what we do. Our commitment and drive is unerring
We don’t ask people to conform to a strict or specific way. We are all different, individual and unique. We like this and want people to stay like it. It’s what makes us who we are. But being polite, respectful, well mannered and professional is the conduct we ask and expect of everyone.
If you’re ready for something new, different and to push boundaries, where you can take ownership and responsibility for the delivery of family carer support services within a growing and thriving social business whose cause is about helping people, in particular family carers, then it’s likely this role and our culture is a fit for you.
We want like-minded people to be part of, contribute to and rewarded for their involvement in the success of FamilyCarersNet. If you’re now thinking about you in this role and what you could do, then it’s likely you could be a good fit.
How To Apply
Email your CV, a supporting statement and required additional information to [email protected] or by post, addressed to ‘HR’ - see full address below. We’ll review it and shall be in touch to let you know if we too feel there’s a good fit.
All the best,